M will be getting baptized in approximately 4 weeks - can you believe it? We've been working on the details of this special day for about a week now and on Friday I decided that I was going to check her out of school and take her to find a special dress. A friend suggested a place in Provo called "Cinderella's Closet". I was heading down that way anyway, so what the heck, we'll check it out!
After a tasty lunch at McDonald's (M's choice) - we got to the "special store". M kept asking where Cinderella was, when would we see her, etc... It was hard for her to grasp the idea that this was simply the name of the place... but we had fun telling her that Cinderella was at the ball and so on. We even found Cinderella's blue dress (just like in the movie) and that made M smile!! So, we tried on 3 dresses and they were all so cute! I liked the last one the best, but we decided to try another location and if we didn't find anything there, then we'd go back and purchase the dress.So, we left Cinderella's closet and made our way to the mall to a store called "Jolene's". WOW - what a selection. There were so many cute dresses, and they were having a sale too - BONUS!! M tried on 9 dresses at this store and they were all just darling. Anyone of them would do. But after some thought and narrowing down our selections, M finally picked the one she liked. It wasn't my favorite - but it was hers - and it was a favorite of our special guest! Do you think you can pick out which one M decided to go with? (I'll reveal the answer in my next post)
So, we finished our special trip with a trip to a place called "Coney's" - for some custard. I've never been... but our friend had, and she was right.. it WAS delicious!! We had so much fun spending the day together - laughing - eating - and searching for the perfect dress for a delightful princess for her special day. One day I'll tell you about my friend, but not today. Just know that we love her and that we are SO SO glad that she came with us - it made our day that much more fun!!! (and she said she'd kick my butt if I posted a pic of her... but I think she's rather pretty, don't you?) Anyway, M was totally worn out before I was even 10 miles up the road - that's what a day like this will do to a girl!!!




2 comments:
Ooooo....ooooo....I know! Can I guess? Glad you guys had fun.
She looks so cute! It's hard to pick just one. Looks like you girls had a ton of fun!
Post a Comment