Do you know how hard it is to explain to a child what "made from scratch" means? You can't imagine the number of ways I went through to help M understand that the cake I made (on Sunday) was being made from scratch- and that being "made from scratch" made it even more special! Finally I settled on the explanation of "I didn't dump it out of a box - so that makes it "made from scratch"". M was satisfied with this explanation and began to tell the rest of the family that "scratch" means - not dumped out of a box! She was proud of her new found knowledge!
I finished making the cake and popped it in the oven. M asked "are we going to put icing on it too?" I told her yes, but that I was also going to make the icing. Her eyes got really big and she said "You know how to making icing too?" (yeah - instantly I was the coolest mom on the planet!).
Fast forward to Monday - dinner time. Chicken with creamed rice. M says "you made that from scratch didn't you?" I said "yes I did" - and she says "I knew that because I didn't see you dump it out of a box!" She was proud of herself and I was laughing- good times!
3 comments:
hahaha - Well, I am glad to know that I make stuff "from scratch" too !! Congratulations for not dumping from the box... HUGS
That M...what a cutie. Way to go and make it from scratch! You Rock! :)
She is so dang cute! Love that kid!!
Post a Comment