A few nights ago, Tim and I escaped! We didn't make it far... just to Wal-Mart - but we were alone and that counts, right?! Anyway, on the list of needed items was DIAPERS. Tim asked "big box, or little bag?" and I said "little bag, let's get some 'big boy' underwear!" - so we did. L has been removing his diaper more and more frequently after he wets it. A few months back he showed signs of wanting to be potty trained but then he fizzled out and gave up and we figured he was still young and there was no point in pushing him! But the signs are coming back, so why not try again... right?
Today is day 2 of no diaper and we haven't had any accidents.. NOT A ONE! Now, I can't get him to wear his 'big boy' underwear, but he has been without a diaper - so that counts, right?!
So - on to my funny story. Each time L goes potty in one of the potty chairs that we have strategically placed around the house, we cheer, and take the potty to the big toilet, dump it and L gets to flush. As this was happening for the 4th time today, L sticks his head in the toilet and says "bye, bye pee pee... where are you going?" He watched with big eyes as fresh water rushed into the toilet and then he clapped and ran out of the bathroom! So, that's the scene at our house today....
4 comments:
WOO HOO, Way to go! Love that kid! He is so cute!
That is one silly boy for sure.
Silly is a good adjective for L. I can totally picture him doing that. YAY for no more diapers! Hope it sticks this time.
That is so exciting!!! what a big boy. I bet you are just as excited as he is.
Post a Comment