me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

some pics and other things











These are just a few pics from our trip to the Masonic Temple last Saturday. We had our camera but we didn't take it in because we didn't think that they'd let us take pictures. Then when we got inside they said we could - so the pics that we have were taken with Tim's phone. The room in these pics is called the "Gothic" Room - (or the "Castle" according to some older members). It was by far our favorite room. Very beautiful and ornate. The other picture is a light fixture... it's a ship! Can you see it? It was a single light fixture in a small room - but there was a window in the room and from another room you could look through the window and all you could see was this ship - very interesting!
So, our tour was self guided - but there were Masons everywhere to answer questions if you had any. The artwork and history was so amazing. I learned that they have a library in their temple too - it's opened to the public but you can't check books out, you have to read them there. I about had a coronary when I saw how old the books were and that anyone can just grab em' and open em!! No white gloves, no glass cases... books from the early 1800's - WOW! I may find myself there a lot to discover some of these books!
Anyway, if you don't know much about the Masons there is a book called "Masons for Dummies" that gives a pretty simplistic view. I haven't read it - it was suggested to us. I did, however, enjoy seeing how much service and support that these men put into the community and how caring they are for the things around them.
Now in other news.... took N to the Dr. today, the dreaded wart is dying - but it's not quite gone yet... so 2 more weeks with the meds and then another follow up!! Oh and N's team won their baseball game last night - they came behind (4-10) to win it 12-11!!! WAY TO GO BOYS!
K had a rocket launch at school today. The 6th graders launched rockets that they made. I didn't have my camera with me... BOOO.... I didn't know it was the launch! But I was picking up N and he was complaining about not getting to see the launch because of a dumb Dr. apt. So I told him that we'd hang in the parking lot for a minute and watch a few but then we'd have to go! So, we saw the teacher light one and it fizzled.... N was bummed because we really REALLY needed to go. I told him "one more and we have to go". This rocket was white and I said "I wonder if that's K's rocket" (I knew she painted it white!). They lit it and up and up and up it went. High enough that I couldn't see it without cranking my head around in the car. It hit the ground hard, and then out of the crowd of kids comes running this bouncy little brown haired girl with a camo hat on... it was K - that was her rocket - and we got to see it!! SO COOL!
and finally, Tim created a facebook page for his law office!! (the law office of Timothy B. Barnes) - so, if you have a FB account - or know people that do - then spread the word to look it up and become a "liker", because the more "likers" he gets, the higher his name will pop up on a search engine!!
Ok, that's it for now...

No comments: