This weekend was jam packed with soccer!
N had a game on Thursday... his last one of the season. Somehow, against a kid that was way bigger and WAY FASTER than he was, N scored a goal - he was VERY excited!
K also had a game - on Saturday morning. She played well. Her team lost. She was fouled a few times and it wasn't called. Tim let the ref (a sweet little 14yr old boy) know that he wasn't happy about it too! DADs!!!! K has 1 more game and then she is done for the season. She will level up next year too - so she will be saying good-bye to many of these girls.
Saturday afternoon - RSL! The game time was changed from 7pm to 2pm - so many of the people that go with us to the games simply couldn't make it. We still had a great time. Tim and I tried a little Diner right next to the stadium for lunch - it was yummy, cheap, and had HUGE french fries!! Our home teacher, and friend, Nate - is in charge of marketing for Subway and he came up with idea of Subway Yellow Cards. He got a GIANT one to us - at our seats to hold up!!If you were one of the first 50 moms to the "Oh My Crafts" booth - you could sign up to run on the field for 1 of 50 prizes. Well - I was the first of 50 moms to sign up - so YAY!! They lead us on the field (look at all those crazy women) - they took our picture and Leo the Lion signaled the start of the run! We had to run from mid field to the goal on the south end (right where Tim was sitting!) Then it was a scramble to pick up a card and on the back of the card was a prize. When I realized that you could see what the prize was simply by flipping the card over - I began to flip furiously!! I wasn't finding what I wanted, so I found what I knew and held on tight!! See me showing my card to Tim? HEHEHE... so cool! So, my prize was a Personal Electronic Cricut Machine. YAY (I already have one - but YAY anyway - right?!)
On Sunday afternoon I commented that it was time to shave the boys' heads! So, out came the clippers, out came the camera, and out came the master head shaver! YAY for spring time weather and shaved heads!!





1 comment:
Yep - that was fun to watch. The slowest kid on the field beating the fastest kid on the field and scoring a goal.
I feel sorry for that poor "official" who was trampled by the Mom Mob.
Post a Comment