me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, July 10, 2010

update...

So, I've decided that it's time to get off my duff and use a talent that I've been blessed with - making cakes. That's where I've been. I've been working on a new blog that will be dedicated only to the cakes, prices, weddings, etc... for potential clients, and I put up an ad on KSL about making cakes... and so on. I was contacted on Friday by a young lady that is getting married in 1 week and the person doing her cake cancelled on her due to a family emergency - so guess what, she called me! Now I have one week to create a 3 tier, navy blue and hot pink wedding cake! So, I've been baking all day!
Then today, I was contacted by someone that wanted a 3 tier cake for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Oh boy... I was excited! I had to laugh, however, when I asked her how many people she needed the cake to feed and she responded "2". Um... this is 3 tiers... that's at least 100 people! Long story short - she wants 2 layers made of Styrofoam and only the top layer edible for mom and dad! How funny! (I think it's a re-creation of a cake similar to the one they had - but I'm not sure).
Anyway, that's what I've been pursuing lately. I thought about doing this over a year ago and it scared me to death... but this time is different... not sure why, but I'm ready for it now. So, let the fun begin!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hey you!
I have a plastic cake plate from my wedding that is gathering dust. Do you want it?

Christy Woolston said...

Wonderful! I'm so excited for you. Sometimes it is a little scary to take the plunge but you DID IT and now look...2 customers already. Fun, Fun, Fun.

Stefani said...

can't hurt to try... good luck and may it be successful