me and Tim Oct 2013
Monday, October 11, 2010
Anatole Krasnyansky
Back in May of 2009, my sisters and I took a "Mother's-Day Cruise" (thank you honey!) and during that cruise I won a painting during the Art Auction. My sister, AA, was none too happy with me when I chose this particular painting. She really REALLY likes Krasnyansky and when she didn't win and then I picked a Krasnyansky as my prize... well, you can imagine her shock! The funny thing was... I had planned all along to give it to her - I just loved stringing her along. So, when September rolled around I gave the painting to her as a gift for her birthday and a thank you for watching my kids!
Now you should know that although I don't know EVERYTHING about Anatole Krasnyansky, I do like his work and have been very fascinated with it since I was introduced to it a few years ago. As you know, a few weeks ago, Tim and I were on a cruise (surprise!) and I again attended an art auction. I enjoy going to these not necessarily to bid on anything but I like the culture, the stories, and the chance to win stuff! And guess what?! I WON... yup... a painting of my choice. And guess what I picked!? YUP - the SAME painting that I picked last year. Now AA and I both have one! How fun is that?! And when my painting arrived in the mail today... I almost peed my pants... YIPEE, I'm so excited that it's finally here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome!
I didn't realize that you won something at the auction. I always say that I'm going to go to those, but then I don't. Lude and I have very different tastes when it comes to art, but we both sort of agree that for us, the art has to have a personal connection. Either given as a gift to us, painted by someone we know or OF something that is dear to us. Thus, we can never agree on art outside those parameters. (That's why we chose to put the big decal on the wall in the kitchen - it's on my blog)
I've since looked at more art done by Krasnyansky and it's very cool.
Congrats....and glad that you both now have this something special to share as sisters
Post a Comment