Back in February I submitted 10 recipes to the Utah FDA for approval for my cake business. I have to have their approval and a kitchen inspection before they will make me legal and give me a business license. Anyway... I sent e-mail after e-mail and made several phone calls to the gal in charge of my application and never received a response! I was really getting frustrated because she initially told me that everything tended to move rather quickly so to make sure I was ready when I submitted my things. Well, I was ready in February and then I played the waiting game all the way in to MAY!On Friday I sent yet another e-mail and finally on Monday I received a response. One thing led to another and today I got a note informing me that my information has been passed on to the inspector and that I should hear from him in the next few days. Once he comes and does his thing - if all is well in my kitchen - then he will give me my license right there, on the spot and WAH-LA.... I will be in charge of a business! If you had told me a year ago that I'd be doing this, I would have laughed at you! So there you have it - that's what's happening here! Wish me luck!!
p.s. - I'm also hoping that by the end of the weekend that my website (www.ocd-cakes.com) will be open to the public... keep your eyes out for that one too!
4 comments:
Good luck!!!
Good luck... hope it all goes well
Exciting!!!!
SOOOOO exciting!!!
Post a Comment