I should have a picture for you to see... but I don't! So you will just have to settle for a story instead!
A little more than a week ago, I received notice that all of my recipes were approved and that I needed my inspection to be officially official for OCD Cakes. In the information that I was given, I was told that Mr. F would contact me soon but that if I didn't hear from him in a few days to give him a call at XXX-XXXX! So, I waited, and waited, and waited some more. On Thursday (a few days ago) - I decided that it had been 1 week and that was enough waiting. After all, I had waited since February for my recipes and I can't afford to wait that long for someone to show up to tell me that my kitchen is clean enough to cook in! So, I picked up the phone and called Mr. F (and for those of you that know me you KNOW that I do not like to call people! Wait - you didn't know that? Well, then you don't know me too well - if you need examples, just ask Tim or Aonika!) Anyway... I called (miracle #1) but then I got his voice message that said "because of my hard of hearing please text me or e-mail me...." (yay... didn't have to talk to a real person! Miracle #2). So I sent the txt and e-mail and explained who I was and that I was ready for my inspection! I instantly got a txt back that said "I will be there tomorrow at 10am" (miracle #3 - no wait time!).
So, now I'm in a panic. I didn't expect him to be available so quickly... I don't have my kitchen "spotless", I'm not sure if I've read all the requirements correctly - what if he disqualifies me based on my kitchen? YIKES! But there was nothing I could do - I set the ball rolling and roll it must, the hours and minutes passed by at lightening speed and before I knew it, it was 10am on Friday and Mr. F was at my door.
He was a kind man but he didn't speak much - probably because he couldn't hear much! He looked around asked a few questions, asked to see a few things and then said "Ok - you're official, here is your paperwork". He handed me my papers and he left - he was here for 10 minutes. (Miracle #4)
I think I must have looked funny to K b/c she stared at me and asked what I was doing just staring at the counter.... I couldn't believe it.... I was official! I started skipping and jumping and squealing like a kid in a candy shop! That was it- it was over - I am an official business owner. My own business. Had you told me this would happen - even a year ago - I would have laughed at you! It was never a possibility in my mind or even a thought I entertained - it just sort of happened and now it's done and I'm on my way!
7 comments:
WOO HOO Bring on the orders! The cake master is in the kitchen!! Can't wait to see all the beautiful cakes!
YAY! YIPPEE! HOORAH! SUPER FANTASTIC! CONGRATULATIONS!
Wow! Congrats Aislinn!! That's so awesome!
That's awesome! you're totally legit now! Let's celebrate with CAKE
COngratulations! You should make me a cake to celebrate! :)
Congrats.....you are on your way.....way to go......love your creations!
congrats... glad you are finally official.
Post a Comment