This "airplane" is actually a flight simulator, built in 1927 and referred to as the "Blue Box". These simulators were mainly used to train combat pilots for WWII and it is believed that as many as 500,000 US pilots were trained using the Blue Box (as well as pilots from many other countries). This simulator was the first of it's kind and it was mainly built to help pilots get used to using the instruments of the plane without having to actually go up in a plane! Anyway.... this "blue box" is what Hill Air Force Base has asked me to create for them. It is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday and the cake is part of a retirement party for a man that was trained on this device. So, forgive me if I mentally check out for a few days... I have a lot of work to do!!
2 comments:
Good Luck, I know you'll do an awesome job!!
Wow! That should be fun! Let me know if you need any help!
Post a Comment