me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, February 23, 2012

That Takes the Cake!

Do you remember when I won the US BANK challenge and received some prize money to the tune of 5K?! Well, I said that if I won that challenge that the best use of the money would be to use it to increase my decorating skills/knowledge. So, I booked a trip down to Austin, Tx for the "That Takes the Cake" show and competition. While I'm there I'll get to take several classes from some of the top decorators in the nation, I'll get to observe a cake competition, I'll get to shop and look at the latest and greatest products in the cake world and more!! I will be gone for 5 days... 5 days of just me and my thoughts and CAKE. 5 days of learning. 5 days of drooling! I get to leave tomorrow - and it seems like I've been waiting on this FOREVER. I booked my classes and flight back in December - and now it's finally here! YEAH!
Here are a few of the classes that I'll be taking:
Writing on cakes
Sugar flowers
Airbrush techniques
hand painting
sugar jewelry
silicone molds

Sounds fun huh? Well, maybe not to you, but it is to me because I get to play with some things that I've never played with before AND even 2 years ago never thought I would get to do!! So exciting!!
So, I'm off to pack! Can't wait to show you all the cool new things!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

So excited for you...can't wait to SEE all the cool new things.