me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Catching up

This is just a quick catch up blog... things that I had pics of but have never posted, so here it goes!
 
For Christmas we (our family) received several gift cards from many wonderful people. Tim and I decided that we'd keep all the cards and use them collectively to upgrade our TV as a family gift. So, in the middle of January we cashed in on this idea and replaced our 12 year old TV with a brand new flat screen! Oh - you'd think that our living room was now equipped with a movie theater screen - the kids love it!
 
Some other random things... L got his hair cut. He loves to get his hair cut but "not by girls" (according to him). Tim went ice-fishing for the first time ... here you can see the cooked product of his labors! Finally I caught L one night coloring himself with a purple marker! I asked him what he thought he was doing and he said that he was "purple man" (a new super-hero).

 
Often times after the kids go to bed, Tim and I plop on the couch and pull out something sweet to eat and we just veg! I noticed that we often have similar, yet different desserts. In this case  - Tim has his Chips-A-Hoy and so do I, but  mine are soft and chewy and Tim's are crunchy! I made the comment that it was like Edith and Archie Bunker sitting in their different chairs... but we were doing it with cookies!
 
Ah - Valentine's Day...a day of love!! I love this day - even if it is a manufactured holiday. I love to do something extra for the kids. We made special treats for the teachers. We decorated Valentine boxes (Nathan's was a monster), we all wrote love notes and placed them on the table for the next morning, and so on. When the kids woke up on V-day they found cards and chocolates and cinnamon rolls and more waiting for them!! How fun!
 
Finally we get to talk about Tim!  Tim plays soccer in a men's 25+ league. I don't attend a lot of the games because they are at odd times at night but every once in a while it's fun to get out and watch the old man play. I went to this game. I was watching to ball... when all of a sudden... the Ref stopped the play. Huh?
 Nothing happened where the ball was! Who's down? We all looked and then I see that it's Tim. Then I notice that his nose is bleeding. Having not seen exactly what happened I figured he just got a bloody nose so I met him in the bathroom with some paper towels. Later I learned that Tim and a player from the other team collided as they were both watching the ball - they never saw each other. Tim's nose met his shoulder and POP- just like that it cracked. It's slight - and hard to tell in the pictures but the right side of Tim's nose is a little more crooked now. On the bright side he said that he can breathe better than he ever has - so how's that for blessings?

No comments: