Have you heard of Pinterest? Have you been on this site? It's dangerous...I mean REALLY dangerous! So dangerous that I have limited myself to looking at it on Sunday's only!
Almost 2 weeks ago I decided that we needed to have a week of Pinterest - a week of recipes that we've never had before - recipes that I had pinned with the intention of making and just haven't- yet. So last Sunday, I sat down with the kids and we went through my recipe and yummy treats board and found enough things to make dinner for the next 7 days (plus a few left over days)! Here is what we made...and our thoughts about it!
ROLLS!!! This is one of my FAVORITE new recipes!! We made these 2 times in the 10 day trial! They were WAY easy and tasty too. The recipe makes so many, in fact, that the last batch I made, I ended up freezing 20 left over rolls! The only thing we changed in this recipe was the sugar content - we added a little more than what was called for. K loved these with homemade honey butter.
Another meal we made was coconut chicken with sweet chili sauce and a virgin lava flow drink. This was by far my favorite meal. We only used 3 chicken breasts for our family of 6 and it was more than enough to feed us - but if I would have made a little more that would have been great too. We all loved the coconut chicken. It was so delish and I was surprised that K and N liked it even more with the chili sauce. The drink, of course, was a hit with everyone. I could have done without the strawberries, but no one else seemed to mind them. Another dinner that we'll be making again for sure!
Meatloaf. Never have liked this dish, but I figured that I'm older now and this recipe called for pork, veal and beef - so why not? Well, the verdict is in and guess what - I hated it!! Hated every bite I took! However, I was the only one that hated it. L even had seconds and when we had "leftover night" - M ate it again! So I'm out-voted on this dish, but since I do the cooking I can assure you that I won't be making it again!
On another night we had roasted veggies and garlic parm pork chops. Holy cow this was so good. We will absolutely be making this again. I have been cooking zucchini on the grill for a while - but this was done in the oven. It was still tasty and I think I still prefer the grill - however - the carrots were AMAZING and even K - who hates carrots - loved em'! The pork chops were so moist and yummy - but I had to finish them off in the oven (cooking wise) because the oil cooked the outside too fast and the inside was still raw. The chops were rather thick though - so that could have been an issue!
I bet you know what this is just by looking at it - and guess what - another winner!! So so good! I think it might need a little gravy of some sort though!
N's choice one night was this enchilada casserole and fried ice-cream. The casserole was good - and everyone seemed to like it. I think that if we make it again that I would use a little less salsa and corn tortillas instead of flour - they seem to hold up better. The ice-cream - WOWZERS! It wasn't hard to make - just time consuming - and it was SO tasty! We topped ours off with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and a cherry! It was a winner for sure!
I made these packets of instant oatmeal - and M and L loved em' too!! Yipee for saving money!
Last night we made cubed steak in the crock-pot and these zesty Italian potatoes. M LOVED the potatoes - like so much that she had 2nds and 3rds! I thought that the potatoes could have used some sort of sauce - like BUTTER - lots of butter! The steaks were tasty - they were similar to roast beef- and the gravy that they cook in - PERFECT for those ROLLS I mentioned earlier! We will certainly be making this one again!
Finally, some misc. desserts that we made over the past 10 days...."love potion" drink. It's made with raspberry sherbet and it was TASTY!! We also made BYU Mint Brownies - holy cow these were rich and so good - and so very close to the real thing. Finally, M choose the "cookie zookie" - this wasn't hard, obviously, but it was something we haven't made at home and M really wanted it. After the cookie was baked, we topped it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, magic shell, whipped cream and a cherry - yummy!!
So there you have it - an idea of what we've been making in our kitchen for the past 10 days! Everything was pretty good - with the exception of that meatloaf! I think that all the recipes are keepers - except the meatloaf - and I feel lucky that we picked such good ones for our first big experiment!!
What have you pinterest-ed that you love??
















3 comments:
I think I look at pinterest way too much on my phone!
This isn't one of my pinterest recipes, but if you want to take a chance on meatloaf again one day, my favorite meatloaf ever is Paula Dean's BBQ meatloaf! It's not too difficult, and the homemade BBQ sauce is sooo good on it! :)
we've been doing this too. One or two new recipes a week. I have the ones we've tried and liked on a new board called "tried and true dinners" and "tried and true desserts" so I can find them easier. So fun!
I created a pinterest board called Pin-did so that I could pin things that I did in one space to make them easier to find.
I vote you have the same and put all of these recipes on it. Minus the meatloaf.
Post a Comment