Sorry if this bores you to pieces, but there are certain conversations that I have with my kids that I don't want to forget - this is one of them....
N and I were having a conversation about a girl in N's class. (we'll call her Ms. Soccer). N was explaining to me that there are 5 good soccer players in his school (I'm sure there are more, but hey, this is his perspective) and he placed himself at the top of that list. He also placed Ms. Soccer on that list. I smiled and said "Oh - THE Ms. Soccer that you thought you wouldn't like at all and that there was no way that she was really that interested in a sport you love?" and he said "yes!" So, I said "I guess that makes her your kind of girl" and he immediately said "NO"! I laughed and explained that what I meant was that she is the type of girl he can get along with - someone that hangs with the guys and plays soccer and doesn't invite all that drama. N's face lit up and he nodded in agreement. Then suddenly from the back of the car, L pipes up and says "yeah - she's his friend, not his LOVER!" - I totally busted up laughing!!
(N - about to head the ball 10-2013)
No comments:
Post a Comment