Another update on M
Remember when M had to go to the pediatric endocrinologist? Remember how proud she was of her green bandage after the blood draw? Well, the results from those tests are in and this is what we now know.... M does NOT have Celiac's disease! (YEAH) HOWEVER, there is something else going on (BOO)! M's bone age scan came back with the result that our 7 yr old is 3 1/2 yrs behind in her growth. The blood test backed up the bone scan by letting us know that M's Human Growth Hormone (HGH) levels in her blood are steadily decreasing and we aren't sure why. For "normal" people, your HGH levels increase with your age but for M the HGH levels are going down. So, this new finding takes us back to square one and back to the clinic for another test. The next test will be done in a few weeks and will require M to be hooked up to an IV, endure a few blood draws. The test has the potential to drop her blood pressure to dangerous levels so she'll be watched closely. It will be an all day ordeal too and one that I'm not looking forward to. I admit - it's a scary feeling to thing that your child will be put through something (on purpose) that has the potential to stop their heart. LOVELY! During the procedure, the Dr. will attempt to stimulate M's thyroid to see if it can even produce the HGH on it's own - this information alone will give us a clue to so many other things that are going on. Anyway -I'm not sure that M understands what's going on at this point, but she's been a brave little girl and hasn't lost that smile. So - if you remember, please keep her in your prayers - we'll need them just to keep our emotions in check! (at least I will!)
3 comments:
You guys are definitely in our prayers. I know something of the frustrations of many many tests, followed by no answers and even more questions, but I can't imagine it going through that with my child. You guys must be super amazing, that's all I can say. There are some great doctors up there, if anyone can figure out what's going on with her, it will be them. Love ya!
Poor M. I will keep her in my prayers.
we should do a family fast.. let us know when.
Post a Comment